This is a four-week comprehensive, project-based, online training approach to learning professional rendering and visualization skills with Vectorworks Spotlight.
Through guided lectures, supporting exercises, and online manuals you will develop an understanding of tools, menus, and commands, and workflows used to render and visualize a design model within Vectorworks Spotlight design software.
Renderworks is now fully integrated and included with all copies of Vectorworks Spotlight since v2018, powered by the powerful Cinema 4D Render engine.
Creating stunning and realistic representations of your event model within Vectorworks Spotlight is possible now more than ever.
Developing an advanced understanding of lighting controls, texture mapping, image backgrounds, materiality, reflectivity, camera settings, and much more will give you the power to create rendered illustrations of your design you didn't think were possible before.
This advanced masterclass is intended for the participant that already have an advanced experience and understanding of Vectorworks Spotlight software such as advanced drawing, advanced modeling, advanced file organization, advanced use of the Resource Manager, and advanced publishing.
Before embarking and participating in the Tangably Advanced Rendering & Visualization | Vectorworks Spotlight Masterclass it is a good idea to complete Tangably’s suite of masterclasses in Foundational, Intermediate, Advanced 3D Modeling & Resource Mgmt, and Advanced Reporting & Publishing.
Attend and participate online, at your office, from your home, favorite conference room, or on the road to your next gig from your mobile device.
Enrollment in this masterclass includes:
- A self-paced online curriculum allows you to develop your skills any time anywhere
- Project-based instruction relevant for the entertainment professional
- Weekly live Q&A sessions with industry expert instructors
- Verifiable and shareable Masterclass Completion Certificate
- One full year of access, including v2019 curriculum updates at no extra cost
Tangably has worked with leading Entertainment Technology + Design professionals around the world since 2014.
Jacob bridges two decades of industry experience and dual professional degrees in Entertainment Design and Architecture. He has been using Vectorworks as an essential 3D design, Information Modeling "BIM", CAD, and rendering tool for two decades.
Jacob has served as a training consultant to professionals ranging from major motion picture set designers and live entertainment lighting designers to leading architecture firms.
You can learn more about Jacob on his LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jacobdale/
- Explore and understand the variety of included render settings and how to customize.
- Create, save, and catalog custom render settings.
- Control textures by object class assignments.
- Create stunning glass, plastic, and reflective textures.
- Apply decals to surfaces for branding objects and drops, plus add layers of aging or texture to environments.
- Adjust the quality and resolution of your renders to maximize use of your hardware and rendering timeline.
- Tweak the color temperature of interior lighting to manipulate the mood of a render.
- Use HDRI (High Dynamic Range Images) as light sources to illuminate the environment of a scene.
- Utilize the geographically specific Heliodon tool to create realistic sunlight and shadows with respect to time of day, date, and season.
- Place supplemental environment lighting point lights and spot lights within the scene to lend reality to the setting and venue.
- Simulate day-time lighting of venue exteriors.
- Simulate day-time lighting of venue interiors.
- Simulate lighting of exteriors of venues at night.
- Simulate lighting of interiors of venues at night.
- Simulate the effect of light traveling through fog and smoke using Lit Fog.
Who Should Participate
"I completed Tangably Vectorworks Spotlight training with the confidence to begin implementing Vectorworks Spotlight software within my business. The instructor’s passion for the software was apparent. It brought a nice dynamic to the classroom. A great deal of interesting and useful information was covered throughout the course.”
Enrollment in this Masterclass includes:
- Weekly batches of project-based training exercises and on-demand video lectures
- Commenting and group discussion integrated within each lecture
- Weekly live-streamed Q&A with Masterclass instructor and fellow participants
- Periodic skills quizzes to reinforce key concepts
- Lecture-integrated supportive text
- Downloadable exercise files in .VWX 2018, 2017 or 2016 format
- Printable shortcut reminders & tip sheets
- Personalized, portable and verifiable Masterclass Completion Certificates allow participants who complete the coursework and exams to highlight their new skills on their resumes, websites and LinkedIn profiles.
- Regular team progress reports for enterprise clients allow managers to track individual progress throughout the training process.
This course is a 4-week instructor-guided exploration and practice of the tools and workflows used in Vectorworks Spotlight Design Software by industry professionals. It is taught by an Industry Expert Instructor with two decades of experience utilizing Vectorworks Design Software on real-world projects.
This course is designed as project-based training. Each course module will focus on using tools and workflows within Vectorworks Spotlight software to build on a digital model of a project grounded on real-world constraints and simulated client demands and requests.
Whether you are new to the industry looking to get a handle on the state of the art software, or an industry veteran that has decided to take your design workflow to the digital world, this course will propel you forward in your practice.
State-of-the-Art Professional Skills
Vectorworks Spotlight Design Software is used by a majority of professional designers in Live Entertainment, Lighting, Audio/Visual, Major Motion Pictures, Television, Theatre, Corporate Event, and Exhibit Design.
After completing all Masterclass modules and quizzes, you will receive a personalized and verifiable certificate of completion. Display your certificate on your website and LinkedIn profile to advertise your cutting edge credentials.
Tangably Advanced Rendering & Visualization | Vectorworks Spotlight Masterclass Tangably | Vectorworks Spotlight Masterclass builds on the Tangably Foundational, Intermediate, and Advanced 3D Modeling & Resource Mgmt, and Advanced Reporting & Publishing Masterclasses. If you are unfamiliar with concepts such as advanced drawing, advanced modeling, advanced file organization, advanced use of the Resource Manager, and advanced publishing with Vectorworks Spotlight it’s a good idea to complete Foundational, Intermediate, Advanced 3D Modeling & Resource Mgmt, and Advanced Reporting & Publishing Masterclasses before embarking on Advanced Rendering & Visualization.
Additionally, you must have Fundamental comprehension of:
- drafting concepts including:
- plan and elevation projections
- scale vs. actual size
- drawing units
- basic mouse and keyboard operations
- operation of a Mac or Windows Operating System
Participants must provide or have access to their own computer or workstation with the most recent version of Vectorworks Spotlight, Vectorworks Spotlight Student2Pro, or Vectorworks Designer, all of which are available for purchase through Novedge.
A two button mouse with a scroll wheel, trackball with left and right buttons, or a multi-touch input surface is recommended.
Frequently Asked Questions
I have a busy work schedule. Will I need to take time off from my job in order to participate in this Masterclass?
Not at all. All of the lessons are pre-recorded and available to watch whenever its convenient for you. The live Q&A sessions happen weekly and include morning, midday and evening sessions, so you can join the session that best fits your schedule.
What if I have a question on a specific lesson; do I need to wait until the weekly Q&A to get an answer?
No need to wait. Below each lesson video you'll find a place to submit any questions you may have. In many cases you'll see an answer posted (either in text or video format) within a couple of hours.
What happens if I don't complete the Masterclass by the official end date?
We understand that folks in our industry can get busy. You'll have full access to the Masterclass, including the answers to any questions posted by you and your classmates for a full year from the start date.
Will I receive a certificate of completion after finishing the Masterclass?
Yes! Upon completion of your Masterclass you will receive a unique and verifiable certificate of completion from Tangably. Employers and clients can use this certificate to verify your level of expertise.
Do I need to purchase design software in order to enroll?
In most cases no. Tangably Masterclasses are fully compatible with the free trial versions of ay Vectorworks design software. Keep in mind that most trials expire after 30 days, so you'll want to make sure you complete your Masterclass by the time the trial period expires.
What is your refund policy?
If you're unsatisfied with your Masterclass for any reason, simply notify us within 30 days of your class start date and we will refund 100% of your purchase price.
Get started now!
"We couldn’t imagine being happier with our engagement with Tangably— Our Designer came back full of energy and was very complimentary of the trainer and the curriculum. Having Tangably in our hip pocket removes significant obstacles for us going forward with regards to considering potential candidates and overall recruitment. Thank you so much for your commitment and passion for the Vectorworks program and community (Nemetschek owes you a debt of gratitude — or an award).”
If you are enrolling in a Masterclass or Training Program, it is your responsibility to secure or plan to acquire a fully functioning copy of current Vectorworks Spotlight software before enrolling.
Tangably does not sell or distribute Vectorworks Spotlight software.
All brand names and logos are the property of their respective owners, are used for identification purposes only, and do not imply product endorsement or affiliation.