Develop an advanced understanding of Reporting and Publishing in Vectorworks Spotlight over 4 weeks!
Vectorworks Spotlight has the capability to create detailed customizable and dynamic worksheets that will be updated as an event model is iterated.
Developing a solid understanding of how to control this robust reporting engine within Vectorworks Spotlight will allow the participant to design, iterate, and model with access to more information related to equipment supply or demands on external suppliers and vendors.
The second half of the masterclass focuses heavily on the power of publishing tools. After building a robust understanding of getting documents out of various printers and plotters, we move our focus toward publishing for digital consumption including PDFs, 3D viewing, and optimizing for hand-held devices.
Additionally, this masterclass addresses the need to publish or export to a variety of file formats for communication across software platforms. Learn to export for CAD users, 3D Model coordination, 3D Printing, and other formats.
Attend and participate online at the office, from your home, or on the road to your next big project.
- Generate instrument & equipment inventories from a digital event model
- Automatically count and categorize staging and scenic elements
- Calculate areas, lengths, volumes of model elements & materials
- Customize worksheets for desired calculations and graphic standards
- Manage a library of worksheets and custom reports within the Resource Manager
- Generate and deploy custom formulas within worksheets
- Organize, present, and publish reports
- Create publishing, printing, and plotting standards
- Optimize presentation documents for internal and client review
- Understand a multitude of publishing and export formats
- INTRO - CREATING TEMPLATES (0:47)
- CREATING A FILE FROM TEMPLATE (1:27)
- FINDING DEFAULT TEMPLATES (2:02)
- DOWNLOAD SPOTLIGHT TEMPLATES (3:17)
- THE SPOTLIGHT TEMPLATE (8:40)
- QUIZ: TEMPLATES
- BORROWING CLASSES (13:27)
- BORROWING LAYERS (7:23)
- CULL DESIGN LAYERS - PART 1 (5:59)
- CULL DESIGN LAYERS - PART 2 (2:37)
- RESOURCE: Download basic Template File
- DESIGN LAYER STACKING ORDER (3:24)
- QUIZ: TEMPLATE FEATURES
- ABOUT THESE CLASSES (5:24)
- OTHER TEMPLATE RESOURCES (7:24)
Hi, I’m Jacob!
I will be your Instructor for this Masterclass on Vectorworks Spotlight. I created Tangably, Inc. to provide better training resources to the Entertainment and Event Industries. Training has been our full-time business since 2015. My professional experience using Vectorworks spans more than 2 decades. I am proud to say that we have now offered training around the globe and trained thousands of professionals working for the biggest brands and artists. Our team is confident that we can teach you what you need to know about Vectorworks Spotlight software.
I have a busy work schedule. Will I need to take time off from my job in order to participate in this Masterclass?
Not at all. All of the lessons are pre-recorded and available to watch whenever its convenient for you. The live Q&A sessions happen weekly and include morning, midday and evening sessions, so you can join the session that best fits your schedule.
What if I have a question on a specific lesson; do I need to wait until the weekly Q&A to get an answer?
No need to wait. Below each lesson video you'll find a place to submit any questions you may have. In many cases you'll see an answer posted (either in text or video format) within a couple of hours.
What happens if I don't complete the Masterclass by the official end date?
We understand that folks in our industry can get busy. You'll have full access to the Masterclass, including the answers to any questions posted by you and your classmates for a full year from the start date.
Will I receive a certificate of completion after finishing the Masterclass?
Yes! Upon completion of your Masterclass you will receive a unique and verifiable certificate of completion from Tangably. Employers and clients can use this certificate to verify your level of expertise.
Do I need to purchase design software in order to enroll?
In most cases no. Tangably Masterclasses are fully compatible with the free trial versions of ay Vectorworks design software. Keep in mind that most trials expire after 30 days, so you'll want to make sure you complete your Masterclass by the time the trial period expires.
What is your refund policy?
If you're unsatisfied with your Masterclass for any reason, simply notify us within 30 days of your class start date and we will refund 100% of your purchase price.