Develop a solid understanding of Vectorworks Spotlight in just 4 weeks!
This is a four-week comprehensive, project-based online training approach to exploring foundational professional skills with Vectorworks Spotlight design software.
Through industry expert guided lectures, supporting exercises, online training manuals, and weekly group Q&A webinars you will develop an understanding of tools, menus, commands, and workflows used to create and organize an event plan within Vectorworks Spotlight design software.
This Masterclass starts on the ground level and builds up from there. We will explore and practice the essential knowledge, skills, and best practices used by fellow entertainment professionals.
Attend and participate online at the office, from your home, or on the road to your next big project.
- Learn the universe of Vectorworks Spotlight design software and how 2D & 3D objects, classes, design layers, sheet layers, viewports, and annotations interact to support a contemporary model-based iterative design workflow.
- Setup a basic design model relative to scale and basic publishing requirements.
- Develop a firm understanding of clicking behavior, snapping function, tool modes, and incorporating accurate constraints within the design model file.
- Begin to organize and navigate a design model for accurate and successful collaboration with other entertainment industry professionals that use Vectorworks Spotlight and related software.
- Practice the integrated 2D workflows used in light plots, documentation, spatial analysis, report generation, document publishing, and presentation illustration.
- Access industry-related resources from external libraries of 2D & 3D elements.
- Understand how to create and manage graphic attributes and resources within the design model including hatches, tiles, fills, and line types.
- IMPORT PLAN (4:56)
- CLIENT UPGRADES TO PLATINUM (1:47)
- MAKE THIS FILE YOUR OWN (9:33)
- ANSWERED: Snap to Page Boundary Center (1:06)
- BACK IT UP! (0:48)
- SCALE DOWN YOUR DESIGN LAYER (4:39)
- SCALE YOUR PLAN (14:37)
- QUIZ: Scaling Your Project in Vectorworks
- X-RAY THE DESIGN LAYER (8:20)
- RESCALE & RE-CENTER (5:24)
- CREATE A SHEET (13:59)
- TRADE SHOW PLAN SKETCH (1:26)
- THE SNAPPING PALETTE (2:10)
- SNAP TO GRID (4:19)
- SNAP TO OBJECT (1:37)
- ANGLE SNAP (2:36)
- SNAP TO INTERSECTION (1:52)
- SMART POINTS (5:29)
- QUIZ: Smart Point Shortcut
- Answered: SMART CURSOR CUES (2:34)
- SMART EDGE SNAP (3:49)
- DISTANCE SNAPPING PART 1 (4:17)
- DISTANCE SNAPPING PART 2 (2:49)
- SNAP TO TANGENT (5:29)
- QUIZ: Snap to Tangent
- SNAP TO PAGE CENTER (1:07)
- RESOURCE MANAGER - PART 1 (6:17)
- RESOURCE MANAGER - PART 2 (11:41)
- QUIZ: The Resource Manager
- ROTATE SYMBOL INSTANCE (4:32)
- CLASS VISIBILITY (4:36)
- CYCLE LAYERS W ARROW KEYS (1:08)
- CREATE A FEATURED AREA (5:23)
- QUIZ: Symbols & Shortcuts
- USE THE OFFSET TOOL (2:25)
- ALIGNING OBJECTS (2:17)
- CREATE THE STAGE WITH AN OVAL (4:14)
- CLIP SURFACE OF OVALS (1:50)
- USE THE 2D POLYGON TOOL (1:22)
- QUIZ: Align/Distribute Functionality
Hi, I’m Jacob!
I will be your Instructor for this Masterclass on Vectorworks Spotlight. I created Tangably, Inc. to provide better training resources to the Entertainment and Event Industries. Training has been our full-time business since 2015. My professional experience using Vectorworks spans more than 2 decades. I am proud to say that we have now offered training around the globe and trained thousands of professionals working for the biggest brands and artists. Our team is confident that we can teach you what you need to know about Vectorworks Spotlight software.
I have a busy work schedule. Will I need to take time off from my job in order to participate in this Masterclass?
Not at all. All of the lessons are pre-recorded and available to watch whenever its convenient for you. The live Q&A sessions happen weekly and include morning, midday and evening sessions, so you can join the session that best fits your schedule.
What if I have a question on a specific lesson; do I need to wait until the weekly Q&A to get an answer?
No need to wait. Below each lesson video you'll find a place to submit any questions you may have. In many cases you'll see an answer posted (either in text or video format) within a couple of hours.
What happens if I don't complete the Masterclass by the official end date?
We understand that folks in our industry can get busy. You'll have full access to the Masterclass, including the answers to any questions posted by you and your classmates for a full year from the start date.
Will I receive a certificate of completion after finishing the Masterclass?
Yes! Upon completion of your Masterclass you will receive a unique and verifiable certificate of completion from Tangably. Employers and clients can use this certificate to verify your level of expertise.
Do I need to purchase design software in order to enroll?
In most cases no. Tangably Masterclasses are fully compatible with the free trial versions of ay Vectorworks design software. Keep in mind that most trials expire after 30 days, so you'll want to make sure you complete your Masterclass by the time the trial period expires.
What is your refund policy?
If you're unsatisfied with your Masterclass for any reason, simply notify us within 30 days of your class start date and we will refund 100% of your purchase price.